Sunday, May 16, 2010

Divine Mercy

I have been wanting to find out more about the Divine Mercy devotion, so I looked up some information about it on EWTN's website today.  They have a wonderful section devoted to it.

The main gist of the background section focuses on God's vast supply of forgiveness to us and that we must reflect this mercy to others in our everyday interactions.  It also highlights the trap that we can easily fall into when we are praying--to go through the motions, but to not let the meaning enter our hearts. 

These basics are a good reminder to me.  Father John Corapi often talks about how he is teaching "kindergarten" to us, because our faith and knowledge are so elementary.  Well, sometimes, I feel like I'm only in preschool.  I recognize how very little I seem to know and understand.  But, I trust Jesus to guide me in my desire to learn more...in particular to know Him more.  Jesus, I trust in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment